SATO stool with trap door
Not a fan of squatting? No problem! The western-style sit stool toilet provides a comfortable and pleasant toilet experience for households without access to a sewerage system.
- Allows comfortable sitting position for all family members, from the young to the elderly
- Provides better access for those with reduced mobility
- Minimizes odour for enhanced user experience
- Saves water. The pan uses less than one litre per flush – 20% less than conventional toilet pans
- Opening and closing of trap door at will with just a pull on the pull string
- Visually appealing – its bright colour and unique award-winning design is a welcome addition to any direct pit
- Easy to install. Suitable for new construction or can be mounted over existing toilet hole and secured to floor using nails or concrete.
- Suitable for use in households, school, workplace or community toilets
- Shuts out unpleasant view into dark pit and human waste
- Increased safety. Limited outlet aperture helps to prevent young children accidental falling into pits
- Sanitation for a lifetime – our ‘trap door’ mechanism has been tested to last the equivalent of 100 years of use by a household of five
- Convenient pull string feature allows opening and closing of door at will
- Unique self-closing counterweighted ‘trap door’ is designed to create an air-tight seal that closes off pit latrines from the open air which minimizes odours.
- The trap door reduces the transmission of preventable diseases from insects that come into contact with human waste
- Optimal counterweight action lets waste and flush water pass through, but otherwise stays closed
- Constructed from durable plastic, it is easy to clean with regular off the shelf products
Size: 548mm (L) 460mm (W) 304.8mm (H)
If you are located in Africa or India please contact us for free on our toll-free numbers
Alternatively, use our contact form
customers also bought these items
“Since partnering we’ve seen that the SATO Toilet is an easy upgrade which can convert open pit toilets to closed pits. This benefits the communities where our workers live and helps ensure they stay safe and healthy.”